Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wonderful Day

Ok folks I got my hair cut....and colored. Actually I got it done just before Halloween. Funny thing I finally got an appointment with a referral someone gave me but they the referrer took back their referral and I just made a last minute appointment at a salon near my house. 2 and a half hours and $92 later I came out with this.
I think she did an ok job. I've been happier before but it's a good hair cut. Can you tell I colored it? Eric wonders why I spent $50 to color my hair the same color it is. I like it anyway! Ya I took pictures of myself. It only took about 50 frames before I found something I liked. Pay no attention to the messy closet or the lazy eye.


In other news Mitchel is doing just great. He is really chunking up. Not sure how I feel about that. I don't want a fat baby. I don't people at church to see him and go "oh there's the fat baby" like Eric and I have said about other babies. Now I am regretting all the names that we called other babies. He should be called "handsome baby".


Now my friend and I have mentioned that people don't tell the real story about their babies in their blogs. They just say how wonderful everything is. Well Mitchel has his days and sometimes it is no walk in the park but I am beginning to think he is not all that bad. He was wonderful in church. Usually he fusses when he gets tired but today he just fell asleep on my shoulder. I love it when he sleeps on my shoulder because he never lets me cuddle him anymore. I love that kid! Even though he passes gas fairly loudly in Relief Society every week and kinda embarrasses me. Oh well.


Winter has finally come to Houston. It has been getting down in the 60s during the day and I had to put my sweat shirt on because it was 70 in the house. I remember the good ol' days when we would wear shorts when it warmed up to 70. One of my favorite things about winter is lighting a fire at night. We did that tonight and turned on some Willie Nelson and rocked out. Mitchel enjoyed it as well. It was a wonderful day. I love days like this!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Your hair looks great! I really like it. And Mitchel is a beautiful boy.

Mari said...

Handsome boy, I meant handsome.

eliza said...

your hair looks beautiful! the color is great. I have yet to go my hair cut...

mitchel is one handsome baby! And we had a great day and church too. We have decided to attend the local ward instead of the chinese ward with my parents-- it's working out alright so far. it's close. i like close with a baby.

hope to hear from you soon!

Kizzie said...

Love the hair!! So cute!
and Mitchel doesn't look fat, he's seriously way cute!

70...and you're lighting a fire and wearing sweatshirts?! Waaa... :)
Just kidding...sort of...

The Evers Family said...

What a HANDSOME BABY! I like your hair the color is nice and shiny.

S. Fantasia said...

Saw your blog on Megan's. Mitchell doesn't look fat to me, you're silly. Devin and I also always secretly poked fun at the chunky babies in the ward. Well, that's because Dean was SO scrawny (which we didn't mind) but Eli is a total chunk (guess that backfired). We love it now. The doc says he's actually on the low end of his weight spectrum but you just take a gander in our direction at church next Sunday and you'll see what I mean. The kid has chubbs so we call him every name in the book (in a loving way, of course). :o)

I'm willing to bet you'll adore the rolls if your handsome guy gets some. Mitchell really is a cutie - and I still think he looks like you.