covet - wish, long, or crave for (something, especially the property of another person)

With all of my family taking trips back to the mother land (Czech Republic) my brother has brought up the much coveted (atleast on my end) Moser shot glasses my dad brought with him when he came to the USA. Above is the picture of the set my parents have. They are the size of small tea cups and I remember my sister and I playing with them (I don't know what we were doing). Apparently this is the only souvenir my brother wants from Prague. Since I was not able to go I got thinking...hey I want some too which lead me on another (I've looked into it before) long internet search for this set. I finally found a store in Vancouver BC that will order them for me and it would be only $350...not the $700 we thought. But the more I thought about it the more I thought....it's not right. I don't want some set I order from Canada...no offense to the Canadians I would feel the same way if the store was in the US. I want my parents set. The one I grew up with. Unfortunately they are probably my siblings most prized possession of my parents too...alas we each will only get 2 pairs. So I must settle for my own store bought set.
2 comments:
Since I"m from Canada and actually from Vancouver, I can say that I'm not offended at all by your comment. I would want the original set too! They're absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous that you actually have a house to put things in. We'll one day settle and buy a house... one day...
Those are beautiful glasses. Just start taking one home every so often. Ok that goes against your being coveting thing but then you won't covet you'll have them!
Post a Comment