Bryce just enjoyed the hats.
After ice cream we went to lunch (our timing didn't quite work out well). We went to the Brenham Municipal Airport where they have a diner that is pretty good. On the way in we saw some "army guys" inside eating and I pointed out their helicopter to the boys. Mitchel is into everything army. He got camo shorts, pants, back pack, and tshirt for school this year. We borrowed 2 seasons of GI Joe from the library and he watches it every second I will let him. We sat down and I saw the "army guys" get up and leave and Mitchel and Dustin are lucky to have the best Gramps ever. Gramps jumped up and chased said "army guys" down to see if the boys could check out the helicopter. They said yes and Gramps took them out to see it but sadly my boys are too shy and nervous around strangers that they would not get in it or even stand on the skids. They probably would've done better had I been there instead of Gramps but I was busy mopping up one of Bryce's messes which is a whole other story. I think they still enjoyed it. We then watched the helicopter take off along with another 15 people that had gathered. I thought it was pretty darn cool but my kids still said the ice cream was their favorite part of the day.
We waited and waited for that helicopter to take off.
And finally it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment