Monday, September 1, 2008

Maternity or Eternity Clothes?

Well folks it is about a week shy of 3 months since Mitchel was born and I still have 8 lbs to loose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was really hoping I would be back to it by the time I went back to work but no. Working out has been harder than I thought with a boy who didn't start napping or letting me put him down until about 2 weeks ago. So I am working out still but not loosing what I want...anyway back to the point. Just when I think I have packed away my maternity clothes one of them sneaks out and gets me.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I packed up my maternity clothes with the exception of my jeans and my pink sweater I'm wearing in our blog pic. It doesn't look very maternity. And the jeans....well they are so darn comfortable and I'm too scared to try my old ones on. These were the only remaining clothes. Friday I went shopping with my mom and I was wearing my maternity jeans. I wish I could remember exactly how the conversation started but it ended with her saying...."you need to buy some new jeans today". So I did and I love them! They are Gap jeans...I haven't had Gap jeans in forever! So I washed my maternity jeans to pack them away and that was the last of the maternity clothes....or so I thought....

Well Labor day came up and we all (Bryan's family, Tara's sister's family, Tara's brother's family, and my parents) went to the pool and had a bbq. I was looking forward to going swimming until I realized that I didn't have a swim suit that fit. I was telling my mom my predicament when she said "just wear your maternity one...it doesn't really look like a maternity swim suit". So....I went back to my neatly packed box'o'maternity clothes and pulled it out. And....ya it was depressing...I think I even looked a little pregnant in it. That experience convinced me to get this weight off....now!

Hopefully for now the swim suit will go back in the box never to return for atleast 9 months. While writing this I find it amusing that the same person that was telling me to get out of my maternity clothes suggested I get back in them. In her defense...I do not wear the swim suit everyday like I did the jeans. It was a very good thing she urged me to get out of them.

4 comments:

Kizzie said...

Maternity clothes are pretty comfy, and it sure beats the depression when you try on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans and are totally muffin topping it! :)

Are you going back to work full time? Let me know how things are going, it's been a while!

Mari said...

Well, I think only 8 lbs to go is pretty good! You can do it woman!

Katie Bolton said...

Did you guys survive the hurricane?? I saw some crazy pictures from down there!
-katie

Laura Weight said...

hey girl-- i am so glad that you guys are doing well, and that the storm didn't hit you guys to badly. Anyway-- 8lbs-- that awesome girl!!! Seriosuly-- I just started to lose weight and benjamin is 7months!!! ( my pre pregancy jeans are starting to fit comfortably again) I have about 5-6 lbs left to go, so honestly, you're not doing to bad!