Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time for an update

It's been a while since I posted everything. I guess when we had Mitchel everything was so new and exciting (and stressful) and now that things have calmed down I have had more time for my love of cleaning :).

Today was Mitchel's 2 month check up. He is doing great. He now weighs 11 lbs! He is in the 50-75th percentile for all the measurements which puts my mind at rest for wondering if he is eating enough. He has gotten a little cradle cap (or cradle crap which Eric calls it and I had to keep reminding myself not to say that to the dr) much to his dad's chagrin (probably not the right spelling or use of the word but I just had the urge to throw it in!). It's not so bad but it seemed when I first discovered it that he was loosing enormous chunks of hair but he just has a little bald spot on his natural missionary part. Maybe I'll get some pictures up soon. He also got 4 shots. It was awful the scream he let out. Oh I just wanted to hug him and cuddle him all day. But he seems fine for now so I will say my hugging and cuddling and patience for the really fussiness. Otherwise all is well and healthy.

I have to admit the first 2 months threw me for a curve. I felt so stressed and on edge all the time even though I was getting at least 5 hours of sleep at night if not 7. Now Mitchel will play on his play mat for 30 mins after he eats and I can get some things done. He also goes to sleep around 7:30 and with one feeding at 10 sleeps until 4 or 6. He's a wonderful night sleeper.
Other than that Eric is still surviving his finance class. It ends in a little over 3 weeks and we will both be very happy.




Ok so these came after I wrote this post. We had special bath time tonight. After Mitchel took a long nap he wasn't feeling so well from his shots. It was both cute and sad. He just kinda laid on my stomach whimpering. It was cute because he is never cuddly like that. So we gave him some tylonel and he perked right up. He got a special lavendar bubble bath and crazy hair!

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

I hate cradle crap so much! when Avery got it I got a soft bristle toothbrush and baby oil and gently scrubbed it off, and it never came back.
Sounds like things are going well though, the first few months are always a little crazy. It's nice when you finally get into a routine and the kid starts entertaining himself! Ah...those are the things dreams are made of...free time! Post some pictures of Mitchel!

Di said...

It's so fun seeing and hearing about you being a mom. It does get easier...and harder, but you'll get it through it all.