Thursday, February 5, 2009

IRS Blues

Yesterday I spent 45 mins on the phone (mostly on hold) with the IRS to ask a question.

Question: The lifetime learning credit can be double if for a school in the midwestern disaster areas. So do you have to be physically attending or can it be through an online study?

Answer: Our publications do not make that clear.

Hey no kidding...that is why I am calling in the first place. So after waiting 10 mins on hold to actually talk to someone. Then another 10 mins to get to someone in the right department. Then another 10 mins for that someone in the right department to reread the publication that I have already read that is not clear and tell me it is not clear. Then another 10 mins for that someone to type up the report and get my info so they can get back to me in 15 days.

Hmmm....I guess it is worth it if we get $700 more back right?

No comments: