In just a few months I will have two new nieces. Both my sister and sister in law are pregnant. That was pretty exciting. And you can just guess how excited my parents were to find out they would be doubling their grandchild count in the next year! (They have 3 now)
So I am pregnant again! Yay! (kinda) Right now I'm 12 weeks and due March 30, 2010. I'm starting to get more excited now that the sickness is going away.
When we first found out I just randomly took a pregnancy test and it turned a very faint positive. I was kinda excited, kinda scared, and kinda sceptical. It was one of those generic non early detection ones and I wasn't late that I know of so I ran out and bought some early detection ones. I still got a very faint positive. Eric and I were very skeptical, although with Mitchel I took one faint test and we were jumping for joy, this time we knew how much work it would be and even though it was planned....it was still more scary with already having a youngin. We decided I should wait a week and take another test....it was a darker positive. We were still in denial. I was still feeling great so we didn't think about it too much. Then the sickness hit...yuck. I was excited at first because I thought maybe I wouldn't be sick with this one but once I hit about 6 weeks I started to feel nauseous just like with Mitchel. No vomiting just nauseous. About a week later I went a weekend where I kept nothing....I mean nothing...down and poor Eric I wasn't a very quiet sicky. The on call dr told me to take Unisom so that succeed in knocking me out. Luckily I saw the real dr on tuesday and he gave me anit nausea medicine and I've been slowly getting better.
This is why our camping trip kinda came at a bad time but I did feel better and feel even better this week. Luckily I have my parents and in laws near by so they could help with Mitchel when the medicine made me too tired. Probably no so good is that I'm done with the 1st trimester and down 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight....ya....I still have my "maternal fat stores" from Mitchel. But I am determined to not go over my Mitchel pregnancy weight.
This week we got to go get an ultrasound because I was bleeding a little. I wasn't too nervous and it turns out nothing is wrong and the baby is fine. It is always fun to see an ultrasound. I think it makes it more real for us.
So all in all we are excited. I'm excited to have a cute little baby that isn't mobile. Mitchel is getting too old....it makes me sad but he still is lots of fun. This week he had his 15 month check up and the only thing he isn't doing yet is saying words. He barely says "da". It was so cute once when Eric slipped out of the house without Mitchel noticing, Mitchel walked around the house saying "da? da? da?" It was so cute because that is the first time he has said a word with me knowing what he means. I've been trying to get him to say mama but every time I point to myself and say "mama" he yells out "DA DA DA!". Oh well hopefully he'll catch on soon.
4 comments:
Glad that you are feeling better!!!! We are excited for you guys-- I am sure the new baby will be adorable. You guys sure make cute kids!
I swear Mamma was like the last word benjamin said.... I duno why- we are kind of important people in their lives. Anyway, Mitchel is going to be learning ALOT of new and fun exciting things in the next couple of months!!! Get ready for a lot of fun!
Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. And why is is that mama is one of the last words kids say? My little will say uh-oh and ba-ba and da-da but not mama. Come on!
Congratulations! So exciting!
I know I already told you, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad you're feeling better too. You are totally my hero.
Post a Comment