Monday, March 21, 2011

Gettin' our Trek on!

Eric and I were lucky enough to be a "ma and pa" on our stakes youth pioneer trek last week. It. Was. Awesome! I love being around youth! It was four days on a ranch near Waco. We had 3 girls and 4 boys in our family and each was from a different ward. I was amazed at how well they bonded and accepted each other. We were worried that we would get a lame family but I must have told Eric a million times during the trek that "I really like our family....we got a good one." They were very spunky, funny, and just had good attitudes. It was a great experience and although I love being at home with my boys...I am already missing the adult conversation and spirit that I felt being around these kids. I am really thankful we got the opportunity to do it. I have to give a shout out to my parents and Eric's parents who made it possible for us to go by watching our kids during the trek and during the many pre-trek meetings. We are blessed!

p.s. Can I just mention that I squeezed into my bloomers from the trek I went on 12 years ago as a youth...they must have been huge on me at the time.

4 comments:

Laura Weight said...

Cari- that is so awesome that you were able to do that with Eric. I am sure that the Youth in your group loved you guys! After all, you both are such awesome people. If you have more pictures, please post them :)
Anyway, I feel like its been ages since we have seen you guys! that needs to change :)

Brittany Collier said...

Glad to hear that you had an awesome family. I guess you got to relive your youth days the right way...not how they were with all those snobby boys from our former ward who shall remain nameless. How did the "womens' pull go?

Brittany Collier said...

and ps, who took that awesome picture of our handsome boys? :o)

Jared and Nikki said...

It must have been so fun to be a Ma and Pa for trek! How awesome that you got to go. I serve with the Young Women and, though I hadn't realized it until reading your blog, it is a nice way to get some interaction with people who are older than toddler age. Anyway, I'm glad you had a great family and such a fun time!