Monday, January 7, 2008

It's been a while...

Ok so I started this thing thinking I have so many exciting things in my life to write about and now I find that I don't, or atleast I am too lazy or busy to get on here and type them out. Alot has happened since my last post. Shortly (the next day) after we got home from our trip to Tennessee I found out I was pregnant. We were both pretty excited but apparently I didn't know what I was getting into. I thought you are just pregnant for 9 months and then have a baby. Well for the first 14 or so weeks I was sick all the time and I'm sure most women have had it worse but I'm a wimp and it was rough. Luckily I only missed a day and a half of work during that time. Eric was pretty good during that time too. He would make dinner, which was mostly soup for me. I live off of tomatoe rice soup for those 14 weeks and didn't exercise. I thought I would blow up without exercising but when we had our first prenatal visit I had only gained 2 lbs. I was a little relieved. My first question to the doctor was "how much can I exercise?" I was relieved when he said as much as your body can take. So I thought I could do pretty much what I've been doing....until he said don't let your heart rate go over 120.....what?!?!?! What kind of exercise is that? It turns out to be not so bad because I usually feel too icky to run much. Eric is good and goes walking with me a few times a week. Our doctor is pretty cool because we get to see an ultrasound at every appointment. This is a picture of the first one. It made the whole thing real for us.

Other than the whole pregnancy thing, Eric started online graduate school in October...it was a little stressful on our marriage. He had a crazy teacher but he did end up getting straight A's so I'm pretty proud of him. He got a little break at Christmas time which was really nice to spend more time with him. This is just a little update. I'll post more hopefully this week about Christmas and other baby adventures.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I want to see pictures of YOU, are you growing? You should probably blog more often so I can keep in touch with you. Did brittany tell you that I gave her a little singing lesson? It was so fun... hopeufully I helped her!

Josh n' Katie said...

I just saw that you had a blog from your facebook so I thought I would check it out. Congratulations on the baby! When are you due? My first one i was super sick but number 2 was a breeze I was sick only 1 day it was great!