Friday, April 4, 2008

Pregnancy Woes

So apparently I suck at blogging. Just an update on me...I am now 30 weeks into this pregnancy. The 2nd trimester seemed to go on forever. It's like we were just sitting around and waiting. The 3rd trimester hit and I started to panic. I felt like I had nothing ready. So about 2 weeks ago we went shopping and bought all our basics. Eric was so nice and painted the baby's room on his day off from work. It is very light beige. Hopefully when Brittany comes here she can help decorate it because I have no idea what to do. So now we have our crib, changing table, and rocking chair all set up and ready to go. I even laid out all his 0-3 month clothes.

I know I haven't put up any pictures of me...it's because I feel so fat and ugly. I was doing so well the 1st trimester. I hardly gained anything because I hardly ate and felt so sick all the time. Then the 2nd trimester hit and I had an appetite and room in my stomach for food and I went wild. Also in the 2nd trimester I started breaking out like crazy. Seriously...ugly! Eric did take a picture of me once and soon I will put up a picture. Looking down at my stomach I didn't think I was showing too much but I once look in the mirror side ways and about flipped because I looked huge! At least now I have energy to do stuff because life is getting busy.

Also with my pregnancy....I hate lab tests. I took the test that checks to see if I have a increased probability of having a down syndrome baby...well of course it came back positive and I freaked out. We went to a maternal fetal specialist for an ultra sound and she didn't find any signs of it. So now my chances are 1 in 500 instead of 1 in 240. I guess I've come to terms with it. This week I went and took the glucose test and my doctor informed me this morning that I had a high normal result. Now I get to go for a 3 hour test where they draw my blood every hour....darn it! It just doesn't end!

As an update on Eric. He started a new job a few weeks ago for Hughes Christesen. He's some kind of manager where they study drill bits that fail. We were pretty excited but it is a little more stressful for both him and I. We don't get to car pool any more. I miss it. He also started a managerial accounting class at the same time and it is kicking his butt a little. But I am trying to help out and things seem to be going ok. Just as long as the baby doesn't come early I think we will survive...

....oh and one more thing....we were called as permanent primary substitutes....interesting...

1 comment:

Kizzie said...

Pretty much your the worst blogger ever! Just kidding...! I have a sister that hasn't blogged in almost a year, so you're good still!
I posted a NASTY picture of myself the other day, so lets see yours! I'm sure you look adorable!!
I want to see pictures of the nursery too, and do you guys have names picked out!?
It's been forever since we caught up! I can't believe you're 30 weeks!! It's getting so close for you!!
Post some pictures!!!