
Yesterday was Mitchel's half birthday!
Yay! Wow I can't believe it has been 6 months. He is growing up way too fast. We started the fun filled day with a trip to the doctor to have his check up and get his shots. He weighs 17.6 lbs and I never pay attention to how long he is. He is 50% in both
weight and height (so take that checker lady at the grocery store that called him "healthy"!) The
dr was showing me on the chart that he is 50% and then flipped the page for the head measurement and said "oh wow let me check his measurement to make sure she did that right"..."yup 90%". So he's got a big head big
woop! He checked out fine and a few shots later and we were on our way home. Now he gets solid foods 3 times a day and no more night feedings. The
dr said to just let him cry...oh wow it'll be a stressful weekend.
The next thing on the list for our fun filled day was a nap. Mitchel doesn't react all that bad to shots except he gets sleepy. He took a 4 hr nap! So I took one too. It was wonderful! He woke up just in time for dinner and luckily he has a pretty nice daddy. I emailed Eric to ask him to pick up a cake for his half birthday. I was kinda testing Eric since we have both been on diets for the past few weeks. I didn't think the cake would make the cut but he was happy to pick one up. What a lucky kid! It was such a festive cake too! I fed him a little frosting and ice cream which he spit up in about 10 mins. Oh well.
We ended the night by lying under the Christmas tree. I think he had a good birthday for having to get those pesky shots!

6 comments:
Oh my gosh, he is SO cute!! He's gotten so big, and in a bad fat baby way!
Fun party, too bad for him that he spit up the best part of the cake! :)
AWE! he's so cute. :)
-katie
happy half birthday, mitchel! what a handsome and HEALTHY looking boy!
(lisa's head is totally in the 90th percentile as well... but we weren't surprised since Alex & i have these HUGE noggins.)
Happy half, Mitchel. Fun that you celebrated that. We did with Dean (practically ever month, really) but Eli is neglected and I'm sure our next will be the same. Haha. Poor thing. :o)
The snow was so fun, huh? I didn't know you were from WA. I'm from Tacoma, but it snowed quite often for me when I was growing up. (Still not as often as I would have liked.)
Cute pics! You've been tagged, check out my blog for instructions!
Not related to your blog in the least. But I was wondering if you make homemade butter and would be willing to let me know how it goes.
Post a Comment