Thursday, January 15, 2009

A First Of Many

This will not be a very exciting post. I have no funny stories. Last week Mitchel got his first cold. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I could tell he was feeling kinda crumby for a few days because he just sat in his exersaucer not making a sound or smiling. It made me very sad. So me being the sucker I am nursed him to sleep for every nap and at bedtime. Bad idea I guess because I'm paying for it this week....at least today I did. Today we cried it out for both naps and bedtime. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. I'm sure this will be followed by another cold which will throw us off all over again. Oh well. Not an exciting update.


In other news....here is a slightly funny story. A few weeks ago my knee started hurting. I told Eric and his response was "must be the cold weather". My response "what the.....are you calling me old?!?!?!" So that is a bit of an exaggeration but my response was something like that. Let me explain. Call me naive but I had never heard of people getting achy joints until I went on my mission to Tennessee and then it was usually old people that complained of aching bodies from cold weather. Ya other people of different ages probably complained too but we visited ALOT of old people. So this accusation of my aches being caused by cold weather threw me off a little. There is no way it was caused by the cold weather. I'm too young for that nonsense. I'm chalking it up to the fat burning cardio tae bo I've been doing with Billy Blanks four times a week. But after typing that....I feel old that that would make my knee hurt too. It's a no win situation. I'm old!

3 comments:

eliza said...

oh, we're still crying it out... i thought we were done crying for naps until this afternoon, we were totally off. but WAY overtired today... so she cried once, fell asleep and 5 minutes later (now) is crying like it's the end of the world. we're letting her cry it out... it's been like a week and still crying... it's getting a little better? i have to keep telling myself it's just temporary, right??

oh, achy joints? Sorry of my life. but it's definitely the tae bo.

Devin said...

Tae bo, huh? I don't know...it's just a little too close to Darren's Dance groves so be careful.

Brittany Collier said...

Devin = me.