#1
Q. "Why?", you might be asking yourself, "has Cari-Ann not posted any new years resolutions or words for 2009 like all of her blogging friends?" "Is she a slacker?"
A. No I am not a slacker or maybe I am but I am thinking it over and over and over in my head. I've never done any new years resolutions but it seems like every one does and since I cave easily to peer pressure, I have been frantically thinking it over in my head what goals I could post that I will really stick to and accomplish. Someday you may see them on here or maybe I just don't want you to hold me accountable so I won't post them. Only time will tell.
#2
Mitchel is not the proud owner of not one but TWO pairs of cowboy boots. There was a western store we happened upon that was going out of business and we just couldn't resist. The ones below might fit him when he starts to walk which may be helpful in keeping him at bay from my precious white walls.
#3
We recently celebrated Eric's birthday. By decree of the King himself I am not allowed to disclose both his age and actual birthday date. I slaved all day on THE cake pictured below. It was homemade from scratch and double layered. My first home made cake. And you are thinking to yourself "hmm home made cake that must be much better than those mixes from the store". Well I thought the same but it's not. We weren't impressed. Luckily we have an undisclosed amount of years to perfect THE cake.
#4
I'm pretty sure I said I would post pictures of our ginger bread house...so here she is...right before she made a trip to the garbage can.
#5
Almost a month ago I received a new calling. I am now the primary pianist. I think Eric was somewhat relieved because that means we were both released as permanent primary substitutes. Before I was called I had asked for the children's songbook for Christmas. I was called a few weeks before Christmas so I had to ruin one of Eric's presents because he had bought it for me. Pretty sweet deal for me because he replaced it with something else. The calling is better than I thought it would be. The chorister is really good and getting the songs to me ahead of time. The only huge problem I have now is that I can't get those songs out of my head. I'll be trying to sleep at night and the song hinges just keeps running through my head. Ahhhh! It doesn't stop!
2 comments:
I was the "primary" chorister (we actually only had a nursery) once and I couldn't get the songs out of my head either (we didn't have a pianist). It was pretty much just me singing to a bunch of 2 year olds. Fun times.
okay, first off, i have to say that your cake is absolutely beautiful!!! really?? cake mix is better? I'm thinking about whether i should make lisa's half birthday cake, or just buy one like we have for her other monthly birthdays.
also, i'm totally jealous mitchel has cowboy boots! I was totally planning on buying cowboy boots for lisa before we left texas, but obviously, never got around to it.
finally, mitchel is getting so big!! (i mean, growing up) he can stand so well on his own!!! you have such a HEALTHY baby =)
Post a Comment