Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crazy Hair and Legos

Not much has happened 'round here since we got back from Utah. Eric has had the past few weeks off from school....the calm before the storm because this term his is taking a marketing class that is for MBAs and those are ALWAYS killers. But we will power through! Eric has planted our garden....corn, tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes. The week he planted it we were having high 70s low 80s weather. I was beginning to be afraid of summer again. We decided we would have a BBQ this weekend. Our luck was against us. As soon as I sent out the evites Eric came in and told me our BBQer broke....great! Lucky him now he gets to go get a nice new one. I wasn't fond of jumping into a purchase that big but luckily we didn't have to because the temperature dropped 40 degrees and we got the most days of rain I have seen in almost a year. So we moved the dinner inside and I went all out and got some frozen lasagna. It was a nice little gathering. We are hoping our garden will survive the cold. Here are some pictures of Mitchel playing legos with his cousin Isaac. It was nice of Isaac to share with him. Mitchel is growing up too fast!
Mitchel also had his nine month check up this week. He is 19.5 lbs which is slightly below the 50th percentile. I don't remember his height but he is slightly above the 50th percentile and his head is still at the 90th percentile because I'm sure you all were dieing to know his stats. He is a good boy. It has been rough with the daylight savings change. I hated that as an adult and now I really hate it with a kid. I lost an hour of free time everyday this week but I believe we are getting closer to getting back on schedule. Here is some pictures of Mitchel's crazy hair.

It seems as everyone in my little family is busy busy and moving up and on in life while I still do the same things all day....cook, clean, change diapers, clean again, and hopefully get in some time to read. I have been trying to decorate the house a little but that is definitely not one of my strong points. Little by little I try to make it a little more homey. Hopefully my next post will be pictures of the quilt hanger Eric made for me for our bedroom and some other small projects I did. They may not look like much to some of you suzy homemakers but they were a struggle for me. I'll admit it....I'd rather be doing math problems that trying to make a house look homey. Oh well I have years and years right. Then as soon as I perfect it we will move and I will get to start it over right. Till next time.....now go take on the day.

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

Cari-Ann, Mitchel is getting so big! he's adorable!!

Good luck with decorating your house, I'm totally jealous! I can't wait til I have a place I can really really personalize!

Samantha said...

Well, I actually just deleted him off because there are some pictures and stories on there that would ruin the surprise when he gets home. He does have access but he pretty much never looks unless I mention something to him.

And don't worry, you are definitely on my mailing list! :)