Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ice Cream and Blue Bonnets

Last friday I hoped in the car with my parents and headed to the ice cream capital of Texas. Brenham. Ya I know I didn't spell it right but I'm too lazy to deal with it. If you have never had Blue Bell ice cream....you have not lived. It was this ice cream that helped me achieve my 20 lbs weight gain when I moved to Texas. We must have been eating a few half gallons a week. And when I say we....I mean mostly me. Luckily the honeymoon has ended and I am usually pretty good at staying away from the stuff but sometimes it gets the best of me. Anywho we went on their creamery tour. I was not so impressed because we just over looked a bunch of machines although maybe I just had high hopes that it would be like Willy Wonka and the ice cream factory. I did get a scoop of ice cream at the end. On the way home we stopped and took some pictures in the blue bonnets. They were so pretty. And then I have include a few pictures at the end (for your viewing enjoyment) that my dad took. Picture one....old guy at the junk store where my dad thought we left him for good while we took a longer than expected trip to the grocery store. And picture number two a run down ticket booth at a run down drive in movie theater.

































3 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh... I miss your parents. I didn't go to the reunion last year so I didn't get to see them.

Courtney Ekman said...

I love the blue bonnets! Yeah for spring!

eliza said...

ah, the blue bell factory!!! we went when i was very pregnant with lisa--- being pregnant and a scoop of blue bell ice cream?? Definitely a winning combination! And the blue bonnets are so pretty--- we never made it out to see them... oh well... pictures are nice...