Last week was a bit rough for me as far as weeks go...actually it was just one day that was rough. Thursday morning I opened the garage door to take the garbage out at 8:30 in the morning. As I was walking up the driveway I was thinking "man I really hope I didn't lock the door". I have a bad habit of always locking doors. I've locked Eric out several times (but still I was inside to let him in!) Well horror struck when I couldn't open the door! Mitchel was inside whining as he usually does when we leave him to go outside. He was just ready for a nap. I was in my pjs (ie t-shirt and shorts)and didn't have a cell phone! We don't have a spare key anywhere so what did I do??? Duh I grabbed something slim like unto a credit card from the work bench to see if our door lock is as crappy as my college apartment's locks were. I pried and pried but had no luck except tearing up the door jam and weather stripping. Under Eric's close inspection, I did not harm the square ruler thing of his I grabbed off the work bench that was like unto a credit card. So I went out to the driveway trying decide which neighbor (and I have never talked to any of our neighbors!) I should go to. Luckily I saw the policeman that lives two doors down was in his garage doing something so I popped over there scrubby and barefoot and explained the situation. Unfortunately I have not memorized Eric's number...only my parents and my brother in laws (and only his because the last four spells TECH and I just guessed the first 3). No answer at my parents no answer from my brother in law. Awwwhh dooo! So I had to call 411 to get Eric.
It took Eric 40 mins to get here in which time I spent trying to keep Mitchel entertained through the front window. He finally figured out that I couldn't come in and it was his chance to get into what he wasn't supposed to. The last ten minutes he wandered off into the office and I heard some banging. He pulled down the keyboard and mouse (which is doesn't get to touch usually). All in all we survived but I was pretty irritated with myself! Errrg!
Later my brother in law decided to call he number back which apparently didn't go well because neither him or my neighbor knew what was going on. I have since made my neighbor cookies for the possible sternness of my brother in law.
Later that day I was supposed to go meet my old coworkers for lunch well....I was pretty flustered and should have just canceled but I went anyway. I wait 30 mins past the meeting time and didn't grad their number from my email before I left. I finally decided I was stood up and ate. Then I found out I went to the wrong restaurant. I don't think they were too happy to be stood up.
2 comments:
Devin may have come off a little rude. But it certainly didn't help the situation when your neighbor called him "ma'am" which was actually pretty funny--not as much at 6:30 in the morning but looking back....
LOL!!! I was laughing before reading Brittany's comment, but I am laughing even harder, now. =) I'm sure the day didn't seem so funny as it was happening, but it is so fun laughing at those days later.
Post a Comment