Monday, July 13, 2009

Something on the Carpet

Background: At Eric's old job he would get carbide on his shoes so he would take them off in before coming in the house. Those same shoes he now wears for casual Friday every week. We have had the conversation that he should be taking those shoes off still but he keeps claiming that he doesn't get carbide on them and that they are clean now...enter something on the carpet.

Last Friday Eric got home and walked in with THOSE shoes on and I thought to myself (as I always do when I see THOSE shoes on MY carpet) "I really wish he would take those off!" About 30 mins later after Eric had taken off his shoes I saw Eric rubbing his foot on the carpet...you know like you are trying to see if that is just lint or a stain. I looked at the stain and then looked at him and he said "sweetie....uhh....there is something on the carpet". Uhh ya there was several little black stains on the carpet. But the best part was that he was rubbing at it and looking at it with this look of "what is that and how did that get there? I am very perplexed". Well he knew those answers and he sat there looking perplexed as I got the carpet cleaner and a rag.....what a stinker.

Disclaimer: It probably wasn't carbide that was on his shoe but it is the principle of the thing!

No comments: