Friday, July 17, 2009

Obsession

So I've always had this obsession with blankets. I love blankets. I don't know why. I just do. I don't know why I didn't start quilting earlier but a few weeks ago I started. This is my first quilt top. I think I'm going to take it to a store to get it machine quilted. I really want to learn how to stipple. I think it looks so cool.




I also found my new favorite website. Fatquartershop.com. I just bought a bunch of their sale fabric hoping to make Mitchel a quilt. I really like the one in the middle on the next picture. Aren't they awesome?










5 comments:

Brittany Collier said...

WAY CUTE! I like my new blanket! :o) And the fabrics are really cute too.

Lynda said...

very cute

Jen said...

I love the quilt top & the fat quarters! By the way, a good way to practice stippling is to do little pot holders/trivet type thins--consider them mini quilts with a purpose! You may rock it and not need to have them professionally done!

Kizzie said...

Cute!

I've made a few quilt tops...now I just need to finish them!
I've also done a few smaller quilting projects, it's so fun to see all the different fabrics together.

And I love fat quarters. LOVE. They are good for so many things! love them...

Another reason we should live closer. now we could be all quilty crafty together!

Samantha said...

My mom has a fat quarter pattern that's super easy and cute! If you're interested, I might be able to rob a copy!