With this pregnancy I've been getting migraines. I've never had migraines before so when my vision went blurry, I got a head ache, and started vomiting I didn't know what was happening. Last week I had been having a head ache off and on and Tylenol did nothing for it. We went out to eat at a bbq place on Saturday for lunch and the lights were making my eyes go all weird and giving me a head ache. As soon as we got in the car my head started hurting and my stomach felt so sick. I went and laid down when we got home but that didn't stop me for losing my whole lunch I had just eaten....bleck! This pain was so bad! I'm probably a whimp but I'd put it at a 9! I told Eric I thought I needed to go to the doctor or something because I couldn't handle this pain anymore. For about the next 3 hours I don't remember much. Eric packed Mitchel and I up in the car and drove less than a mile to an emergency care place. While I was there they gave me some anti-nausea medicine, morphine, and what Eric thought was 3 or 4 bags of IV fluid. They tested me for the flu, which I vaguely remember them stuffing some q-tips up my nose. Now we know this cold Mitchel and I have isn't the flu. I'm not sure what else they did besides a ct scan in which they found a gray dot that confused them so they suggested I go to the hospital and get an MRI. Turns out I'm all ok and baby is ok. The crappy doctors told me to take some Tylenol next time....gee thanks! I stayed in the hospital overnight which was bleck! It was a bad experience all around and I don't think I want to recount it again. Atleast we are able to laugh at how odd I acted at the emergency room. Eric didn't think the first nurse liked me because I wouldn't answer any of his questions. I don't remember that. When they put in the IV I kept saying "ooww, owww, what what are you doing ooww that hurts". When the nurse said they would give me some phenegren I kept saying "ya ya that's the stuff my doctor gives me. ya I take that stuff. that stuff is ok". And when Eric told me they were going to do an ultra sound he said I kept saying "is that the baby test, is that where they look at the baby". I was really confused and it was kinda scarey. I'm glad Eric was home.
So now I find that everyone gets migrains and the common consent is to go in a dark room and sleep. Well great! That is easy except for this one year old I have. I about lost it with the nurologist at the hospital. He said "just take some tylonel". I was like "I did.....I was incoherent....I have a one year old at home with me...what am I supposed to do....how do I make sure this doesn't happen again" To which he replied "you can come to the hospital and get a morphine shot". Idiot!
Hopefully something like this won't happen again and I can go see a real nurologist (especially since we just about maxed out our insurance this weekend....now doctors should be free) to at least get some coaching on how to handle things. For now I am going to my in-laws during the day for the next week or two to make sure it doesn't happen again.
As a side note I would NOT recomment Tomball Hospital. Maybe other people experiences are good that but ours was pretty bad.
5 comments:
I am sorry that is really no fun! Rob sometimes gets those sometimes, and they are no fun! We are so glad that you are ok, and that baby is ok :) AND that they found out what was wrong.
This is kind of bad... but I started to laugh about your ER experiences and delirious YOU. I'll be honest, I don't think I have ever had a very good ER experience. It reminded me of when ROB got super super sick after his thyroid surgery, and we had to take him to the ER. They gave him some medicine of some sort, which apparently old people can act strangely to ... and rob as well. He seriously had no idea what was going on... He didn't know who I was (well he would laugh, when people asked me who he was), but he knew his mom and Kiersta. he said weird stuff like " Wow... look at all this awesome costumes. Lets get dressed up and do something naughty." Ummm I had never heard Rob say anything like that in my almost died. I bet that eric cracked up a lot! We hopefully you don't have anymore migraines at that kind of level again :)
ps: sorry about the the TYPOS-- I am trying to multi task right now... which isn't working so well
I'm glad you are home and feeling better. I must admit you scared us all. Migraines are just no fun. I'm glad you have Barbara to help. I wish I could be more helpful but my job right now is keeping this baby safe for another 4 or 5 weeks.
that is one scary story! I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and I hope you start feeling better soon. It's great you have family close by to help you out! Lame doctors... lame urgent care... They kept sending me bill after bill after bill and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know...
Oh gosh, migraines are the worst. I remember when I first had one I thought I was having a stroke. The vision loss, the vomiting, losing feeling in one hand...
They are so not fun.
I felt like a total nerd when I called my doctor and the nurse told me it was just a migraine.
Ha! "Just" a migraine. I hope you don't get any more of them and if you do that they are few and far between!
Post a Comment