Last night we had to make another trip to the emergency clinic. Looking back it wasn't that big of a deal but it could have been much worse. Mitchel got two half inch cuts around the bridge of his nose. He had grabbed a mug off of the table and when I went to grab it from him he ran away, spilled it, slipped on the spill and fell face onto the broken glass. Ahhhhh it scared me. It seemed like there was blood every where. We put pressure on it for a minute or two and it quit bleeding. Again we went to the emergency clinic we visited last weekend. Luckily none of the same people were there. We were kinda embarrassed. Mitchel was smiling in the car on the way there so I don't think it phased him too much. He sure was traumatized by the doctor and nurses. They kept trying to get his blood pressure but he was screaming the whole time we were holding him so the machine kept starting over. They finally scratched that. He screamed when the doctor was checking his face, screamed when we held him down for xrays, and screamed when the doctor glued the cuts closed. Poor kid. Every time someone walked into the room he immediately started screaming. We're just glad it wasn't worse. I'm glad that both Eric and I were watching him at the time because it would be worse if one of us felt the quilt. I keep telling myself that this stuff happens to kids all the time. Poor Eric keeps trying to get ahead on his school work and we keep interrupting with trips to the emergency room.
4 comments:
How scary! You need a break. Good thing it wasn't worse. I'm so glad that we haven't had to make any emergency trips to the hospital. Yet. my boys are crazy, so I expect it any day... :)
Wowee... This is how boys are. I will never understand them.
At least you've already maxed out your insurance, right?
I'm glad he is okay! What a cute boy!!! And CONGRATS!!! I haven't perused the blogs for awhile and I just found out you are pregnant! How exciting! I hope you aren't as sick anymore.
Post a Comment