Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween

Eric asked me this week why I don't update my blog much anymore. Well here were my excuses
1) I have a 1 year old that keeps me busy and does not let me touch the computer while he is awake and when he is asleep I am either sleeping from pregnancy fatigue or cleaning up after the 1 year old
2) Eric is always on the computer at night doing school work (and I don't say that in a complaining way...he works really really hard)

So now you know I just don't think I'll be blogging much for a while. For Halloween I thought we should at least go to our ward trunk or treat. Eric and I had this big idea to dress Mitchel as a cowboy. We bought some fake leather and cut out and sewed a vest. Eric did the cutting I did the sewing. And we planned to make chaps. Mitchel already had cowboy boots we bought a long time ago for fun. Well after we finished the vest he would not let us put it on him and when we tried on the boots they were too small. Many people in my ward offered costumes but I was pretty sure our stubborn kid wouldn't wear one so I came up with the idea of a hunter. Kinda lame but at least he wore something and kinda got the idea of Halloween.

We had bought this camo bunting suit for our camping trip and Grandma and Grandpa bought him the orange Cabella's hat. I got a bow and arrow (no gun because I didn't want people thinking I was a violent mother) and that was his costume. Of course I am biased but I thought he looked pretty cute. We were even surprised he wore the hat for most of the night. We didn't get many pictures so this one will have to do.

Of course when it came to the trunk or treat he didn't cooperate. He mostly wandered around the parking lot swinging his basket and every once in a while we corralled him over to a car. He sure liked taking out and putting in his candy the next day though. We tried.

In other news I had my twenty week ultrasound last week and everything with baby is fine. We are having a boy and pretty excited that he and Mitchel will be so close together. They'll have fun.

2 comments:

eliza said...

thank goodness for facebook to let me know that you've updated your blog.

i love the costume! brilliant!

Jared and Nikki said...

He looks so adorable in the little hunter costume! Congrats on another little boy! That will be so fun for them!