Mitchel went to his first full day of nursery unaccompanied today. Woohoo! He's getting to be quite a handful. All he wants to do at church is play. He received some tough love from daddy today to teach him that sacrament meeting time is not time to play in the halls. They sat for about 5 or 10 minutes in a classroom with Mitchel screaming until he was ready to come back in the chapel. After that he behaved pretty well. Then he got to go to nursery and I just have to say....some things about nursery get to me although they really don't matter. One thing....a kid with a perpetual runny nose. Seriously...c'mon people. Both times I took Mitchel in there this kid had a runny nose. Oh well. Another thing...putting your kid in nursery when he is neither old enough nor wanting to be there....I'm talking months too young. But these really aren't that big of deal.
Other news with Mitchel is that he is still not saying much. He jabbers and points his finger and will sit with a book and jabber but no really words except "no no no no". The other day he said "nose" and grabbed his nose but he won't say it again. Such a stinker. We borrowed a little rocking chair from my parents and he loves it! Eric was sitting next to him in our recliner and rocking along with him and saying "rock rock, rock rock". Later Mitchel sat in his chair and said "rah rah, rah rah". Ahhhh it was so cute.
We also introduced peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week and he loves those. I read you shouldn't give peanuts until they are 2 years old but uh....I forgot there were peanuts in Reese's pieces so we fudged it a little. Hopefully the pediatrician won't get on me for that. This kid also loves peas, carrots, and broccoli.....oooh he loves broccoli!
The kid also loves tools and helping. We took him to Lowes once and he got so excited a jabbery in the power tool aisle. Yesterday we helped daddy rotate the tires on the cars and Mitchel sat down next to Eric and handed him the lug nuts and then the tool for tightening them. I hope he stays interested in that stuff!
2 comments:
First off, your Mitchel is absolutely adorable! Do you know whether you're having a boy or girl this time? About the non-speaking part for Mitchel. Just from my own experience with Abby--her pediatrician had us start speech therapy by 18 months. I really wasn't too bothered by her not talking much...but she had spoken some words for a while and then suddenly stopped. That was odd. So we did the therapy stuff (still are doing it). I'm not sure if the actual speech therapy has helped so much as just growing up has. I'm really not sure. But we got these videos called "signing time" which are done in provo and they have helped immensely. They teach sign language and say the words with each sign. Those have helped immensely. I'm not sure whether you're worried about Mitchel not talking much...I wouldn't really. I thought it was kind of dumb to get speech therapy so young but I can't say it hasn't helped because I think it has...it's taught ME more how to talk with her and read books, play games with her to facilitate words in a way that she'll be more apt to use them. Does that all make sense? Anyway, the dvd's are great though a little pricey (i got mine on ebay) and if you need any tips that I've learned from speech therapy, I'd be more than happy to share. Anyway, just thought I'd add that. He's adorable and you look great too! By the way, where are your pregnant pics?
sorry that was so long
Post a Comment