Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Might Be a Redneck....

Ok so more like white trash but you get the picture. My brother always told us that we was white trash but I refused to believe it! So what if we drove an old beat up blue and white full size van, so what if our house was pink with green trim, so what if we raised pigs, so what if we had an out house...just kidding. Even when my brother got his awesome 80's vintage, mustard yellow, shag-carpet-sporting Oldsmobile I still didn't believe it. I always thought that I just didn't care for appearances but today I thought "I think I may be white trash". My hair is always a mess/in a ponytail, my clothes are frumpy (someone please nominate me for what not to wear), and I often go out without make up on. I guess the only day I look nice is Sunday. When I show up to Walmart in my duds I think "I am a mess, but I know I can clean up better". But what if that is what all those white trash people think too? What if I am white trash? But then I don't care about appearances so who gives a rip....I feel comfortable in my sloppy clothes and pony tail (comfortable...not pretty) and maybe those people feel comfortable in their pimped out monte carlos and mullets. Who's to say? And if your offended by this post you may be white trash too!

Meh...atleast I don't go in my pjs...usually.

2 comments:

Katie said...

There were some good times in that white and blue van. If not for that van I think all of the camping trips would have been a lot less fun...you guys had everything in there! I feel if your uppers and under's are covered and your not in your PJ's your good. We went to walmart the other night and we counted like 8 people in there pj's and it was only 5pm.

Brittany Collier said...

I think there is a PJ epidemic happening. It used to be isolated to high school sophomores but now it's everywhere. I know a few people who think it's perfectly fine to show up to Sunday family dinner in their pjs...every time. Drives me nuts.