Remember
this? Ya I still don't think I have been in our kayaks since then...mostly from pregnancy and small children.
Last weekend we went camping for four days, three nights to Inks Lake near Austin. It was really nice. The weather was good, our camp spot was right on the lake to put the kayaks in, BahBah and Gramps came to help with the little ones, and our children didn't totally loose it too much. We were able to go out on the kayaks twice. It was really nice. Mitchel had a nice time as you can see in a closer look. It was nice we could just pop the kayaks in the water at our campsite and not drive them somewhere else.


At the end of day two I could hardly stand my children's dirtiness. Mitchel was disgusting and Dustin just kinda greasy from sweating nursing in the heat. Dustin got a bath in a big bowl. Mitchel got a shower. I was nice and warmed water for them even though Mitchel looks like he is freezing.


Mitchel really liked having Bahbah and Gramps there. Mostly to take him on walks and play in their car.

When we were able to pry Mitchel away from pushing the stroller around camp this is where Dustin spent his time. Mitchel's favorite part was pushing the stroller around...he did it all day.

We went on a day trip to Enchanted Rock which is a large dome shaped rock. You can hike the 1/2 mile to the summit but we were not prepared and I don't think the little ones could handle it so we walked 1/2 along a stream and stopped to throw rocks in it.


We found this tree on our walk and I said to myself, "hey that looks like I could climb up there". Ya....maybe 10 years ago. This adventure ended up with about 20 unflattering pictures of me getting up and down the tree.

The trip was good. It was Mitchel first time sleeping out of his crib so we were worried but he was so exhausted from no naps that he was out as soon as we put him in his "be bag" . Eric shared a full mattress with him and I slept with Dustin on a twin mostly nursing him all night. Going into the trip I thought....I'll be lucky if I want to stay after one night...and after that first night I was ready to go home but the second night I slept really well but Eric told me he was ready to go home. We made it through the third night and left that morning before our kids totally lost it. Mitchel had tons of fun and is excited to go again soon. I'm glad my parents could come to help with the kids and just be good camping company. We all enjoyed it.
2 comments:
looks like you had a fun time! Is the weather really decent enough to be camping outside? Hurray for texas fall/winters!
I love the pic of Dut in stroller. He's getting so big. Love the cheekers. Wish we were there...
Post a Comment