It seems when I am the most tired is when I have the hardest time falling asleep so I lie in bed and just think. Many times I come up with great blogging ideas but then I forget them or don't have the time to do it. I also make lists in my mind of all the projects I want to do. I must remind myself...I have a lifetime for projects. Anyway my blogging ideas can pretty much be summed up in some rants, some raves, and maybe a confession or two. Here goes...
- Rave: I love love love having two little boys. When I first found out I was having my first boy I was a bit worried but they are so gosh darn fun I love it. I worry I wouldn't know what to do with a girl....plus I just cannot make hair bows.
- Rave: Online shopping....I am addicted. I have had to limit my internet usage because I love browsing stores online. I pretty much have my Christmas shopping all lined up.
- Rant: People who use the self check that don't know how to use the self check at the grocery store....and then they want to write a check or pay cash...c'mon!
- Rave: Living by family. My kids are so lucky to have both grandparents nearby and an aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins. I don't know what I would do for doctor appts and whatnot without family. I guess most people are social and have friends watch their kids but having family nearby has enabled my social awkwardness.
- Rave: Marrying into a wonderful family. My in-laws are awesome! They are always willing to help me out and they are just normal people. Not much drama, no stupid choices, and just nice people. I really am lucky.
- Rave: Having wonderful parents. My sister writes it best.
- Rant: Barking dogs. I hate our neighbors dog. It barks constantly and they know it irritates people. I feel bad for it. It just sits in their small back yard all day and it is a German Shepherd. Poor thing.
- Rave: I belong to the survivor book club and it has really opened up my mind. It has been a nice treat after quiting work and feeling that my mind has gone to mush. These ladies are great thinkers and I am lucky they let me listen in.
- Confession: I am bribing myself to lose weight. I have a 30 lbs goal from my post Dustin weight. After losing 10 I get my hair hi-lighted. After the second 10 I get a new outfit or two or a pedicure....haven't quite decided. After the last 10 which I will call the blue bell 10 that I gained after moving to Texas...I'm rewarding myself with laser hair removal. The last 10 will be hard and it probably won't come until after the breastfeeding is done.
- Rant: I know I am not a perfect parent and sometimes I am selfish too but I just can't stand when people do not do the best thing for their children because of selfishness. I once commented that I hate breastfeeding...and I DO! Someone commented back I am surprised you are still doing it if you hate it. Well sometimes we just have to do things we don't want to do. That is part of life.
- Rave: I love our little house. I love that I can have it all straightened up at night and keep it pretty clean all the time. I'd like more house but it will be really hard when I can't keep it as clean as I do this one.
2 comments:
Weird. You probably know what I rant and rave about on all of those subjects. Let's just say sometimes I wish I were in your shoes...
Hahaha. You spoke my mind on everything you just wrote. When I found out our first was to be a boy I was worried I wasn't going to know what to do for a boy because I only have sisters and girl cousins, now two boys later I was panicking at having a girl - boys are so easy and sweet and usually drama free. I also don't know how to make bows so I'm with ya there. I agree with the self-check think 100%! Hate that! (Or worse, when they get in the self check line with about five hundred items!) I can't stand my neighbors noisy dogs and we actually had to buy our kids sound machines because of them! Totally understand the baby weight thing - hate that stage postpartum, worth it but hate it. And don't even get me started on breastfeeding! Did it, HATED it! Can't lose weight while I do no matter how many people told me it would help and it always made me feel overheated and stinky. Uck. Good for you to keep on keepin' on. And lastly, ditto on little houses. We make ours work too and always appreciate people who live with what they need and not what every else thinks earns them "cool" points. Plus, I HATE vacuuming and sweeping - no more floor space for me!
Anywho, sorry for adding my own blog post practically, but seriously, I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote! And...you can always ask me to babysit if your fam can't. My kiddos would love it!
Post a Comment