Friday, July 23, 2010
We've Been Commercialized
I have always hated how commercial children's clothes and toys are. I really didn't want my kids to be into all the Disney characters and such. I was pretty particular about my kids clothes and not wanting them to have any commercial characters on them.....but....we have been commercialized. I stayed up until 1 AM laying bed worrying about Mitchel and his behavior. He seems out of control at home, throwing fits and crying. I guess it is typical terrible two's but eventually I would like to get out of the house with both kids and I can't right now because Mitchel will throw a fit about every little thing and does not mind. So bright and early this morning I was searching about behavior and found a website with printable charts. I went for it. Mitchel had seen Elmo's World once and was in love so now we have the Elmo potty chart and a Thomas the Tank Engine behavior chart. Creative? No. Resourceful? Yes. I just emailed them on over to my fedex and they laminated and I put velcro dots on for him to put little Elmo's and Thomas' on when he behaves well. Lets hope it works.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*laughs*
Oh cari- you can come right on over to my house ANYtime, and never have to worry about mitchel... bc Benjamin himself is a thriving terrible two year old :) Its funny how kids are eh? I swear, I bribe him so much with choices, charts, stickers, ect... I don't think its bad... hopefully not. anyway, you are such a great mom! The fact that you are constantly thinking about him, working with him, teaching him and all the other million things you do for him! He is such a lucky boy to have such an awesome mom! Really.
Post a Comment