P.S. Yes those are snow shoes in the back. We live in Houston and have snow shoes. Eric made them in boy scouts.
2) I really really really want laser hair removal. I have checked into it but apparently you can't have it done while you are pregnant or breast feeding and it takes about 6 months to complete all the treatments. So it looks like I will have to wait a few years. (Because I want to have more babies...not because I will breast feed Mitchel that long!)
3) I am obsessively clean. Not that my house is spot less but I cannot sit still knowing that the floors have not been mopped in the past week, or that the bathroom counter may have some hair on it, or, heaven forbid, my blinds have a more than usual dust build up. As you have seen I have a new friend in Hilda, but I also love my magic erase sponge things. They are wonderful. I do not like dirty walls and most of our walls are white so about once a week I inspect them and get any spots off. I am dreading the day Mitchel learns to crawl and puts his grubby hands all over my precious walls. Another thing about my cleaning habit. I don't know why I do it. I will go over and over and over and over a piece of paper or something on the floor with the vacuum hoping it will pick it up instead of just bending down and picking it up.
4) When Mitchel was born I was sooooo happy that he was good looking and not googly looking like other newborns. I kept saying that in the hospital "He's cute right?" "He's a really cute newborn right?" I was deathly afraid that we would have an ugly baby but when he was born I thought he was cuter than any baby I had ever seen. But most moms think that even if their babies are ugly, right? But that's the thing, mine wasn't....until...recently I looked at his baby pictures and thought to myself...hmm I don't think he was as cute as I thought he was back then. Luckily even if he wasn't cute then, he is now, or at least he is until I look back and question myself.
5) I could possibly be one of those parents that wants to live through their children. I really want one of my kids to play the cello and one of my daughters to be a BYU Cougarette. I have always wanted to be a dancer but I just don't feel the talent in me. I have taken beginner Jazz dance, beginner country western, and begginer ballroom dancing. Once in college I was trying out beginner ballet by trying to learn the last dance on Center Stage. I tried to go up on my toes when all of the sudden something did not feel right in my foot. I thought I had just pulled a muscle so I just didn't think much of it. Months later, before I was to leave on my mission I figured I better get it checked out because it was still hurting. Turned out I fractured a little disk in my foot and had to get orthodics. No more ballet for me. When I was in the MTC they decided to use me as a guinea pig for some medical student and called me in to some office and had a real doctor and the student there. Ya the student was way good looking. I was embarrassed. They asked me stupid questions and said "hmmm ok". One of the questions was how did you injure it. I said "dancing" to which the hot medical student replied "oh are you a dancer" to which I replied "nope just trying to learn some dance moves off a movie". Ya it was awkward.
6) Last, but not least, the confession I am most proud of, is that I have only recently started making my bed on a daily basis. Now this is not a slam on my mom because I'm sure she taught me better, but I just never really saw the point. I'm just going to mess it up later any way. I admit there were times when I questioned that theory when I had a room roommate that ALWAYS made her bed. Sometimes I would catch that bug but very rarely. Well recently I read an article in the Ensign, about preparing for marriage. I know, I'm already married, but little did I know the preparation doesn't stop once you get married. Here is the quote from the article:
Preparing Yourself for Marriage
By Elder Eric B. Shumway President of the Nuku‘alofa Tonga Temple; served as an Area Seventy in the North America West Area from 2004 to 2007
As you prepare for marriage, develop a sense, even a passion, for order in your life. Regardless of what else is going well or how patient your future spouse might be, a careless attitude toward order will weigh heavily on your relationship. For example, making your bed each morning is the beginning for order and peace in your universe. Taking a mere 35 to 45 seconds to do this can help produce a whole day of tranquil benefit.
I love this quote and oh how true it is. It is amazingly what big feelings of accomplishment come from little acts!
5 comments:
Oh the dance moves we did... We should have re-enacted it while you were here visiting. I still laugh when I think about us practicing for cougarette tryouts. We had some good times.
And Mitchel really is way cute.
life jacket for mitchel? what a great idea, so you're totally prepared for when you start kayaking again. we love the snowshoes. we want to go this winter. alex would buy them from eric if he didn't make them in boyscouts--- sentimental value, right?
cari-ann, you crack me up!! i LOVE that you broke your foot learning the dance from Center Stage. My friend Mel and I once spent an entire afternoon learning the rain dance from that jonathan taylor thomas movie, the man of the house. we didn't injure ourselves, but we did make my parents come watch us perform it and my dad said we were kind of retarded, haha.
I love this post! You are so funny! I wish I were that clever. Anyway, I hope you're doing well! :o)
Post a Comment