Thursday, July 17, 2008

Craft Time with Cari-Ann

I got so much sleep last night. We decided...actually I decided at 1 AM to see how long Mitchel would sleep. He goes down between 9 and 10 PM and if he's not up by 3 AM I wake him up to feed him. Well he didn't wake up until 5 AM. And then he went right back to sleep at 5:30 and slept until 8:45. Now according to the books both of these times are longer than he should go without eating so I'm somewhat concerned and torn on the issue but sleeping straight through the night was so nice. It takes me so long to fall back asleep after feeding him. And now he is asleep again which leads me to this post.

Here's him asleep. Don't worry he can breath. I have to prop him up with his pacifier in his mouth to get him to sleep during the day. So finicky that little boy.

Anyway my craft for the day while he slept was improving his swing. He's been into sitting in his swing and looking around lately. He often stares at the big red button on the side. Well after he stared at it this morning I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt like a bad mom that my son had nothing better to stare at than the red button so I improved his mobile on the swing. Here is the final result.

You can barely see the red button on the right but now it pales in comparison to the awesome mobile he has to stare at. I almost found myself thinking "I can't wait for him to wake up to see if he likes it"...then I thought "what am I thinking?!?! I can wait." Hopefully it'll entertain him a little. And if not...it entertained me. Here's my craft table.
I thought that I could blog and tell you all how to make it but I think you can get the picture. The secret is using dental floss for the string. (Which I got at the dentist on Monday and I had no cavities thank you very much. That is a big deal for me. And I do brush my teeth! Maybe I'll explain that story when my life isn't so consumed by complicated craft time). The other secret is stealing your husbands Sports Illustrated to use in case you get permanent marker all over the place, which I did. So there you have it. That is Craft Time with Cari-Ann.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Fabulous craft! I hope he likes it, you'll have to let us know if he does. I love creating random crafts and projects for myself. Good work.

Josh n' Katie said...

What a fun idea. I like the colors I hope he has fun with it. Congratulations on getting some sleep! It makes a world of difference. My doctor told me that if the baby sleeps during the night let them. Collin didn't till he was about 9 months old but Hadley started to almost 2 months. The first time I woke up almost every 30 min to check on her but you get used to it.