So probably 4 or 5 years ago I was told by a high school friend about myspace and how I could go on there and see of the old kids from high school. I set up an account and looked to see what people were up to for about and week and forgot about it. A few years later I was pressured into setting up a facebook account by some college friends. Shortly after that I was pressured to set up another myspace account by some coworkers. So there I became totally socially networked. I desparately searched around on both websites for old friends often adding the same friends on both websites. Why we had to have accounts on both I don't know. Eventually a whole new world of myspace layouts was opened up to me. I had a roommate show me how to change my background and add videos and pictures. I was definately becoming cool now. I spent hours searching for the perfect back ground and coming up with the most clever video to post. This all happened in my last year of college. After leaving college and entering the real world I had less time to make my myspace layout the coolest so it has been the same for years. I did continue to check my friends profiles on both websites. Soon I found out that my friends were now blogging. I enjoyed visiting their blogs but was reluctent to set one up for myself. I can hardly keep up with all my other social profiles. Soon the feeling of being left out from some blessed social experience was too much. I had to create a blog...even if I never had anything to say on it. My first attempt to create a blog pretty much sucked. I don't remember what I said but I created it about a year ago and had one post. Then I got pregnant and my blogging really took off. I started posting every four months. And now that I am a stay at home mother and have time oozing out my ears I manage to blog almost every week. Amazing the evolution of my social networking skills.
What is the point of all this? It stems from the frustration I experienced last night when I tried to make my blog "cool". I no longer have roommates to show me how to create the next coolest looking web page. I have a husband who doesn't get this whole thing at all. So last night I set out to explore the layout of my blog. I didn't get far. I spent about an hour looking for the perfect background not thinking that I had no idea how to put in on my blog. After I picked it out I tried posting the code in any element. It didn't work. I ended up over writing my family and friends list after I had spent a day or two compiling my minimal list of family and friends. What a waste! So today I spent an hour compiling that and clicking on links from blog to blog trying to get the address of people I knew. As you have noticed I was able to add a picture courtesy of the brother in law. It's a little big but just be grateful that you are on the family and friends list ok!
No comments:
Post a Comment