Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My New Groove and Mitchel's Lack Thereof

A few weeks ago my mom was telling me about an idea she had to split up activities she did during the day into 30 minute increments. She would do 30 mins each of gardening, cleaning, playing the piano, and whatever she wanted. I thought that was a great idea and turns out to be just what I needed to keep myself occupied and not wasting the day away. So last week, after we got back from Utah, I started on it immediately. There are about a bazillion things I could do but I thought of 5 activities I wanted to do each day on week days. They are 1) read the scriptures 2) clean 3) organize something around the house 4) practice piano 5) exercise. So far I've been doing really well with only one or 2 days where I missed one activity. It's really nice because I can get in a little bit of every thing and not feel over whelmed with such things as cleaning the house or taking on a really big organizational project. Plus the 30 mins of scripture reading have been wonderful. I usually do that first when Mitchel is taking his morning nap. I always pray first that he will sleep for at least 30 mins and I will get in my full time. I am proud to announce 7/8 times my prays were answered :) So that is my biggest news. If anyone has any organizing ideas because I fear I will run out of stuff please suggest. I have organized our pictures into files and inventoried our food storage. Eric seems to love my new schedule. At night he usually tells me something "we" need to do like call the attorney to get a will. The suggestion is usually followed with "you should do that during your organization time tomorrow". It usually works and I usually do it....but I have yet to call the attorney.

In other news Eric started another 10 week class last week. That's all I have to say about that. He also made me this quilt hanger/shelve to hang the quilt his mom made us on. When we get it all together and hung I'll post a picture.

As for the second half of the title....Mitchel has been all off schedule since our trip. He won't nurse half the time and is getting up around 3 AM. Last night he woke up at 12 AM, 2 AM, 5 AM, and then 7 AM. Not fun. He used to just get up twice. Oh well. Two more months until solid food. Everyone tells me then he will sleep better. I hope.

P.S. I've always wanted to start a rant and rave post theme but have never been able to think of as many raves as rants and I don't want to sound too negative but I gotta tell this rant. Our ICE MAKER. It should have a automatic timer shut off because every time I run it, it never fails to dump ice in the middle of the night making a loud racket and scaring the BA-JEE-BERS out of me! I guess I'll never learn my lesson. Next time I will be sure to come up with a rave!

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

I know I suck huh? Your baby is beautiful. I need to add you to my peeps! love ya!

Traci said...

That is a great idea! Sometimes a half hour isn't enough though for my cleaning fettish! If you go private make sure you add me! traciradandt@hotmail.com

eliza said...

ooo! i like your idea of your schedule. maybe i should try it too. we just got to vancouver today. (did i tell you we were moving?) well since our flight, lisa has only taken 1 nap and is way too overstimulated, so hasn't really slept since for more than 10 minutes? I wonder how tonight will be... i guess we just have to start all over again...

oh--- i did hear that babies will sleep through the night, but then won't when a big event is about to happen--- like growth spurt, teeth, crawl, etc. so maybe it's a good thing? That's what I'm hoping for since i've been having the same problem with lisa.

good luck!