So it is true. Last week we had a last minute trip to Utah. On Monday Eric found out he might get to go to the career fair at BYU and do some recruiting for Baker Hughes. I was totally excited. I have been bugging him to go on a trip. So all monday night I was giddy thinking I might go. And then all tuesday morning I bugged him to see if he had heard anything. Well 11 AM he found out he was going to be on a plane at 4:45 PM that day to SLC. His company was only letting him stay until Friday morning. The career fair was only on Wednesday. I debated whether Mitchel and I should go or not. I wanted to get out but was it worth it to take Mitchel on a plane all by myselft and be with Eric for one day? My Houston fever got the best of me and I booked my ticket for 9:15PM Tuesday. I gracefully (not really) quit my job since I was supposed to work all that week and ran home and packed. I had just finished packing us all shorts when I read the forecast and it said it would be in the 70's. So I repacked and Mitchel had all clothes a size too big. It doesn't get that cold here that soon! And we were off.
Mitchel did really well on the two plane rides. Only problem was he had a massive incident on the way home and there was no changing table in the bathroom. It was a little complicated but we made it through. Going through the airports I had him in the baby bjorn, the diaper bag on my shoulder, and a rolling suit case in one had and the car seat in the other. We were troopers. Mitchel was just busy looking around at everything. I guess he never gets out.
We got to Provo at 1:30AM and crashed in the hotel. To sum up our trip we ate at all my favorite places in Utah: Kneaders, Ottavio's, Taco Time, Gandolfo's, and Pudding on the Rice (a little shout out to my school mate the owner). They were all sooooo yummy! We also went up American Fork canyon with Devin's family to have a cook out. It was fun, cold, and beautiful. The leaves had started to change. Eric and I took a few hours to walk around campus and see all the changes. There were alot. Eric has not been back in quite a while so I think he was a little shocked at all the changes. We even visited the new alumni building and saw our $25 a year donation hard at work. Still not sure what they use that building for. I thought we should have gotten free cookies there since we are alumni...oh well. For old time's sake and for lack of better parking places I walked up the RB stairs with Mitchel in the baby bjorn. When Britt and I got to the top I said "I'm gonna die" and this guy next to me says "it's quite a work out huh". I then told Brittany "you know I used to be able to do this without breaking a sweat"...oh the good old days.
I was also able to visit a few friends while I was there. Unfortunately it happens so quick that we couldn't really plan a whole lot so we spent a lot of time just hanging out. It was a really enjoyable trip for us. I'm glad I went!
One more thing....while we were waiting on the curb at the airport for my dad to pick us up this very friendly guy started talking to me and commenting about my baby. He was asking our names and ages and of course I lied about everything. Then he asked our last name and I said "I'm not going to tell you that" and he said "why not" and I said "I don't tell strangers that!". So I think I have decided to follow Traci's lead and make my blog a private one. There are just too many wierdos out there and I don't think I want them finding this blog. So send me your email address' to cariannsal@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do.
3 comments:
Hey, it was fun to see you while you were here, even if it was just a couple hours!
And what a creepy guy at the airport!! Ugh! Add me to your blog, you've got my email address.
I love those dimples!
Cari-Ann, Mitchell is so stinkin' cute! I LOVE those last 2 pictures of him. Dang it all, we need to have a quickity-down reunion. Except I'm in WA, you're in TX, Cort's in UT, and Kizzie will soon be in MO again. So I guess blog-stalking each other will just have to do. =( Add me to your list...I'm a faithful reader. jess.l.oliver@gmail.com
Post a Comment