Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things that make me Laugh

Dead grass: There is a house on our street with a completely brown lawn but every day at about 5 PM the homeowner can be seen out side with his hose, watering by hand, about a 10 ft patch of brown lawn....I don't know what the guy is thinking.

Piles of clothes: We have a hope chest at the end of our bed that seems to just be a place to pile clothing. About a month ago I clean all of mine up and just left Eric's. About a week went by went by with none of my clothes on it. I told Eric, "I don't know if you noticed but I cleaned up all of my clothes on the hope chest hoping you would notice and follow suit...hoping that I wouldn't have to ask you." Eric said, "hmmmm....I didn't notice." About two weeks after that Eric said, "I don't know if you noticed but I've been piling my clothes up on the chest hoping you would notice and follow suit." Ya I noticed. It made me laugh. What a good sport.

Singing to Sleep: When I rock Mitchel before sleeping time he likes to sing "wah wah wah wah"...sometimes very loud. Last week instead of singing he would stick his tongue out and for a lack of knowing how to explain it make farting sounds. It was really hard not to laugh while trying to get him to sleep.

Awkward Family Moments: When I was in Tulsa I went to the grocery store with my father-in-law and my six-year-old twin nephews. When we walked in the store with our cart my father-in-law said, "I hope no one puts us together as a family." Baaahhhhh! That killed me...and for the rest of our shopping trip I looked around nervously.

Being In Primary: There is so much to laugh at in primary. Probably my favorite at the moment is that while one of the primary presidency was telling about a family she said, "They have a dog named Coco." To which a sunbeam (and its always a sunbeam yelling out) replied, "I LIKE COCO!" He kept yelling it out for the next 10 mins. Eric and I like to yell that out randomly every once in a while to keep things exciting.

King of Queens: I love Kevin James but what I love best is hearing Eric crack up while he watches an episode of King of Queens that he has seen 10 times. He doesn't care. It's still funny.

2 comments:

Brittany Collier said...

Devin doesn't seem to notice much either. That's why when he gets home from work I will often mention everything that I did that day (though not much). We wives deserve to pat ourselves on our own back sometimes. :o)

Jen said...

Please tell me that wasn't MY sunbeam? And love the piles of clothes story. So typical of our hubbys.