Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life Lesson #3

If you can barely put on eye liner correctly....don't try to do "smokey eyes".


Way back in December we were going to a formal dress dinner party for Eric's work. I was pretty excited since I really had been out much in the 6 months since Mitchel came along. Along with that excitement for some serious feelings of fattiness, ugliness, frumpiness, and bumliness. (Eric did not lead on to any of this...it was all me). So I decided to try a new look that I could do for this party. I looked up stuff about smokey eyes on the internet and went to work. It didn't exactly turn out how I liked but I guess it wasn't too bad....atleast that is what I thought until Eric came home and said "GOOOOOO what did you do to your face!". Actually he didn't really say the goooo part but everything else he did. I had a good laugh and decided smokey eyes are not for me. Oh well.

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

And you didn't take a picture of it!? I don't wear makeup, so if you hadn't had a picture I would have no clue what you're talking about.

But seriously. Do it again and take a picture! :)

eliza said...

i know you don't like to spend money, but.... if you're looking for a new makeup look, try one of the bare minerals kits from sephora. they have sets with brushes, colors and tutorials. I love them since they're all natural, so it's suppose to be so pure you can sleep in it! But they have things like, "smokey eyes" so thought you might like it.