Friday, May 15, 2009

Heritage Gathering

A few weekends ago my family and I saddled up our Honda Civic's and headed out to Bellville for their Heritage Gathering festival. They can a small parade with mostly horses and a small cattle drive. It was fun to see all the horses. I love horses....I want one. After the 15 min parade we wandered around town. They had a bunch of little vendor tents and a petting zoo. We also toured the Jail Museum but I didn't get any pictures of that. The jail cells were on the second floor and very rickety. We're not sure they were fit to be walking on but I guess it did have an "enter at your own risk" sign at the stairs

This is a picture of one of the wagons in the parade. It's hard to see but the seats they are sitting on were car seats. I thought that was kinda funny. A lot of them were fitted with those.


This is the little cattle drive through the parade. It was kinda cool.


This is Mitchel watching the parade with Gramps. Yes Gramps is wearing a fluorescent shirt. That way we can find him in the crowd when he wanders off.

It was sunny and hot and humid....but what day isn't in Texas.


There was some "Saloon Girls" or hoochy coochy's in the parade that came up to Mitchel and kissed him on the cheek. At the time I thought it was kinda cute in a weird way. I think Eric was about to go crazy with the cooties they probably gave him. Eric promptly wiped his cheeks with a wet wipe. I didn't get a picture of it.

No comments: